Sunday, July 27, 2008

New House-day 2

Today, we spent the afternoon at the new house. Jen and the kids finished the first cleaning of the carpets, then we all pitched in on the painting. The living room is almost completely painted now with the exception of trimming in the corners. We chose a neutral and soothing color...it is somewhat between a light taupe and a dark cream. I know it sounds blah, but it looks great with our Tuscan style living room furniture. Later on I got started on tackling the backyard...YIKES!!! It was a jungle. I think we found about four different types of spiders out there. Well, lots of weed eater string later the jungle now looks like a mowed hayfield. Next week I get a lawn mower so I can tame the yard a little more. Once I get the main part under control, I then start on the rose garden in the back and the flower beds through out the yard. Next room to tackle inside the house is the hall then the bathrooms. After that Timothy wants his room painted blue and yellow and Ashleigh wants her room painted powder pink and pastel purple. I guess our room will be the bland room. I will try to remember the camera on our next trip to the house. Now off to the shower to wash the backyard off of me.

No comments: